Celebrating an Array of Light
The meaning of Dīpāvalī, and the story of Eka Śloki
The Light of Awareness & Wisdom
Listen to the story and deeper meaning in the video above.
This day is a beautiful day to….
- Light candles, lamps, oil lamps, and place them in your home, or in windows or outside the home, if you have enough you can create an “array” of light.
- Take a little time for quiet meditation, on the light within your heart
- Deepen or begin sacred study of yogic teachings
This day of Dīpāvalī – the day of the new moon – is honored as the day that Lakṣmi emerged from the churning of the ocean of milk.
If you have been initiated in the Yā Devī mantra with me – this new moon day and night is a very good time to do a longer practice.
On this day you can….
- Take time to practice gratitude or reverence for all the forms of abundance in your life
- Get dressed up, treat yourself like Lakṣmi!
- Do Lakṣmi pūja or mantras – particularly at night
- Envision or pray for the blessings you are aiming for yourself, your family, your communit